Painting A Wall With Morley

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A video of the Los Angeles street artist Morley as he paints a new wall.

8 Comments

• The Realist August 9, 2011, 11:07 am

I’m all for street art but some of you guys need to stop using projectors. It took you all day to paint some plain stenciled letters and you even had trace your own name at the end…. I guess I need to get some thick rim glasses, stubble and a V-neck shirt to make it.

• wormy August 9, 2011, 2:48 pm

seriously who wee those two people talking they were just talking nonsense LA is not just about picking up at the airport an the whole thing if ur a waitress thing that’s stupid an i like the crack im a vandalizer im going to vandalize please people need to quit giving these guys props for something elementary kids do to stay off drugs seems they guys are high and calling them selves artist i don’t know there real good artist that don’t need a projector to sign there names out there that’s just sad

• duelser August 9, 2011, 2:57 pm

Haha. He needed a projector to sign his name. I dont know if this video is real, because this has to be the funniest spoof on street art I think i have ever seen.

• SickSadWorld August 9, 2011, 3:59 pm

Banksy uses a projector to make his stencils y’know.

Plus if he’s painting a friend’s wall, it’s not street art so why shouldn’t he take all the time he wants?

What’s with these boards being nothing but complaints and making up rules for art? If you don’t like it fine, I’m not in love with the piece myself but I’d so much rather write something nice about something I do like than something dickish about something I don’t.

• PL August 9, 2011, 4:28 pm

I don’t see what the big deal is. The finished product is cool, so why should you critique the process? And even if you don’t care for the piece, he has every right to do it whatever way he wants.

• The Realist August 9, 2011, 8:01 pm

I only complain because I can. This dudes an easy target. Like I said I’m all for good street art but Ive seen the whole character painting a clever saying a thousand times. I would say hes biting banksy, but in reality someone probably did it before he did. If you need a projector to sign your own name I don’t think you should be considered a artist, You should be considered illiterate.

I’m a writer, not a tracer.

• rizzy August 10, 2011, 2:22 pm

DAM SNOOTY YUPPIE SHIT! AND SHUT UP PL, BESIDES WHY DO YOU ALL GIVE A F— ABOUT BANKSY SO MUCH? WASTE OF PAINT N TIME, LEARN SUM CAN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wristwatch August 11, 2011, 3:13 am

You do not make a progress video of someone tracing everything and using projectors with no free hand. This is like making a progress video of someone making a ship in a bottle where the ship is made, placed in 2 halves of a bottle and the bottle glued together with some shitty rope applied to cover the whole dodgy process.
    If a photo was posted of the finished work then maybe my girlfriend would have liked this.. that’s about it.

Oh yeah and:
    Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
    A: BANKSY

Why does every discussion about ’street art’ somehow involve this dude?