Old Sake Interview

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sake

00G Gallery has scanned in an older interview done with the Montreal graffiti writer Sake.

Sake Graffiti Interview

7 Comments

• AZE July 5, 2010, 11:53 pm

I just think montreal graffiti will never die, sake help it and he never gonna die to the city

• Zode September 9, 2010, 2:25 pm

Yehh sake make me liv in graff he my graffitti hero u know…. i wish sake never NEVER die cuz whitout him the graff is dead

• EDGE September 18, 2010, 11:15 pm

i honestly think sake is pretty smart but in some ways his metaphors arent that great like trashing legal shit because the people doing legal shit tend to be better than most of the shity krylon throwys on the streets these days and its not just where you do it its how you do it.

• Sector October 6, 2010, 10:06 pm

SAKE just pushed my inspiration to the max… i was about to say “fuck that” to graffiti… but he showed me the risks and the danger but theres also respect and fun that comes with that… man we’re lucky to have people like SAKE around…

• drake October 19, 2010, 4:54 pm

Respect to sake and his crew.He’s the one who got me doing street art and i hope one day i will have guts like him.

• SecrOne. November 7, 2011, 10:20 am

Yoooo mad respect tosake! hes been killin it for awhile, keep it coming man!

• JON November 12, 2011, 11:31 pm

Good interview. But as far as graffiti getting someone into the deeper criminal area, I disagree. Just as long as you don’t get caught, are smart and know the rules of the game/sport of graffiti. Graffiti art/vandalism can give most the opportunity to express themselves and steer them away from other worst crimes… give people something to keep them busy and to do something with their life, accomplish something many everyday people can’t. Fuck legal graffiti, for real, that shit ain’t true throw ups and tags and straight letters and just real, proper ILLEGAL graffiti… cause’ when it’s legal it’s not fun and won’t get you any well deserved respect/props like someone who bombs city areas hard like/almost as hard as JA XTC for example, who put in mad hard work for years (and still does) to bomb and take over the NYC area(s). Most likely no one out there today can bomb harder then him or as hard, haha at least not yet… but anyway I did read an interview on him also and he pushes the limits in graff. He got world wide fame for the most part and really got noticed quick. Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool to rock legal shit from time to time but to always do that more than the real illegal graffiti is totally wack and lame in my view. It means your not a writer but a toy who can paint pretty colours & styles but who’s too much of a pussy to go out and do it the right way. Yo respect to Sake 5MH and all the REAL graffiti writers/bombers out there keeping the scene alive and well… not just in MTL, but also Tdot, Vancity, LA, NYC, Philly, etc… Stay the fuck up!